Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ringing in the new year at Island Park

I just love going to this wonderful winter snow land! In the past we have gone to Island Park over Christmas...This year we decided we want to start being in our own home, so we went to Island park over the new years holiday!! Like I said I am in heaven when we go...snow everywhere, a warm snug cabin with a cozy fireplace next to a fabulous rocking chair, (I am really missing that chair right now) hanging out with family, lots of laughing, (thanks Nathan:) lots of games, good food, and getting into that blessed hot tub:)...I ask you what is not to love about those things...???? Anyway here are a few snap shots from our little getaway. Did I mention non of us even stayed awake for the new year??? Oh ya there was that...We did manage to stay wide awake until well after midnight on all the other nights...go figure I guess.

Yes they are going out in Pj's....Why do you ask?

First picture with all my girls and I have huge bags under my eyes, I'll just blame it on Olivia :) Thanks again Brittany for making my hat! I love it!

My dad also known as Russian man
2 stinking cute weirdos just like their momma :)
I just love him....

6 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

What a fun new tradition! That place looks heavenly!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

I can never get over how adorable those sweet little girls are. Love 'em. I think New Year's is a much better time for a getaway - good switch. Although any time is a good time to be in that paradise, you luckies!

summer said...

How fun - I didn't know you had gone up, and I think the switch in time makes so much sense! Looks like another fun year with a lot of great memories.

And the pic of you and your girls is beautiful - I didn't see any bags, just your gorgeous and happy smile for being with your little beauties!

p.s. I LOVE that hat. I want one!!

Chelsie said...

That looks so fun!!! Miss you guys tons and tons!!! Hopefully we will see you soon!

Lindy said...

Ok Lauren- every time I read your blog I think the same thing...we should be friends!!!!! Well, you know what I mean!! We have so much in common that I can't believe we never see each other! I absolutely LOVE your new house but I don't even know where it is!! You have done an AMAZING job on your house- I pretty much love everything in it! We're working on building a house and I been searching for a great gray paint color- do share what yours is- it looks perfect! Jason told me a long time ago to plan on having chickens at our new house so I laughed when I read that Nathan wanted them! You'll have to let me know if you like it. I'm sure the eggs are nice! Congratulations on your new daughter, she's beautiful. It's crazy how much the other 2 have grown so much! Anyway, I just had to say hi since I was here admiring all of your fantastic work. Hope all is well with you guys. You'll have to come say hi sometime when your mom comes to get her hair done! I sure do love her!

Audrey Crisp said...

Hi Lauren! Thanks! The duvet cover is from bed bath and beyond!