Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer

I'm not even sure where to begin when I left off back in April. I think I can start off by honestly saying what a great summer we are having.

I was so worried at the start of June. I knew having all three girls home would be hard. I was especially worried because I have basically been a single mother for the past few months. Nathan has been away a lot for work, and working late. There have been a lot of melt downs, and just plain hard days...but there have also been some really great days.

Despite my worries It has been fun hanging out with my three little girls this Summer. We have done a lot of swimming, and made too many snow cone stops. We have been hanging out a lot in the Park City area (I love it there) we have made some memorable visits to my favorite big white barn in PC. We hit up the farmers markets, and the canyon for a hot dog roast. We have eaten plenty of gluten filled donuts while Nathan has been away :-) We even made it to the alpine slide several times, and have had some nice summer evenings. I have enjoyed the amazing summer storms that roll in....I LOVE STORMS!

I can't believe it is August 1st? This Summer has flown by so quickly. I'm not ready to have the girls back in school, and I so thought I would be by now. We still have a few more things to check off our Summer bucket list. What a pleasure it is to be a mom. To hang with these girls can sometimes be downright hard, but mostly rewarding, and amazing. I love hearing their funny conversations. I love when Rachel will ask Becca a question, and Becca beams with pride in explaining her answer back. I love hearing Livy singing to herself while she contently plays with her little toys. I love them so much. I have loved this Summer with them. I am thankful to be their mom.

Jaws summer movie night
My very blonde hair for the summer :)
At an amazing toy store in The Rivers Woods provo area.
The Park City home we have been staying at.
At the planetarium with my favorite people.
We tried to take pictures at the photo booth. Rachel was getting mad at Becca for her for "big forehead" being in the way! I died laughing!

 

1 comment:

Audrey Crisp said...

Ha ha!! Her big forehead. Too funny. Love your blond hair! Glad you're having a great summer! Sorry about single mom life. It sucks! John works a lot too. No fun!