Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another before and After shot

So the other night Nathan and I were sitting in the front room, and I for a while have been wanting to put a real mantel on the fireplace. I said something like "hey I have an idea for this fireplace, would you want to do that for me?" To my surprise (only because of the short notice) he said something like "ya alright" And within an hour he was at home depot! So here is how it turned out, I think it looks fantastic! He amazes me with his many talents, I mean it honestly looks like a professional came in and did it. He did some bead-board inlay over top of the tile that was there before, and then he built an mantel around that. Have a look! I also put in a funny pic of the girls because they are so stinking cute!

Before before
Tah Dah!

6 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

It looks amazing! he rocks! It adds more beef to the structure and looks much better! I'm so impressed!

Britta said...

It looks great!

Britta said...

The temple picture I found on etsy, which has all the greatest things ever. Here is the link to the picture: http://www.etsy.com/listing/55823191/5x7-yellow-salt-lake-temple-print?ref=sr_list_13&ga_search_query=temple&ga_search_type=&ga_page=&order=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title
the seller also has other cute things and the temple in other colors and sizes i think.

Kristen said...

He's amazing! Can he come out here and do that for me? I have been wanting to do ours this year and he looks like a professional. The girls are so cute. We sure miss ya!

Taryn said...

I love you and your awesome husband! It looks fantastic!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Wow, what a difference! Looking back at the before picture, the fireplace to hearth ratio was just too small. This is the perfect proportion now. Way to go dudes.