Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Well I made my my Flag Cake (tradition). Had a huge brunch up at my moms house, then went swimming most of the day. Nathan and I attempted to play tennis, then we had dinner, and watched the fireworks from my moms balcony (best view ever)! The people who live my moms condo complex are extremely fussy over all there RULES (if you only knew)! I think they like to sit around and make up as many rules as possible to make sure no one is having fun (or making any noise for that matter). So among many of there lame rules is that children who are not potty trained cannot enter the pool (swim diapers are not allowed). So we came up with a simple solution, we took the swim diaper off Becca and set her free. I am pretty sure she peed all over there pool! So much for rules. Happy Fourth!









7 comments:

Brian and April said...

Becca is a little fish. She looks so happy swimming. Your cake looks so yummy.

Anika said...

That flag cake is ADORABLE!

Jeremy and Heidi said...

That looks like so much fun! What fun traditions you are creating for your family!

The Frame Family said...

I love the flag cake! Sounds like your holiday was fun! I love the whole "no diaper" idea...something I would totally do :) Now that you're living down here we should get together! Sorry I missed the reunion...I really would have liked to see you guys! I didn't get off work until about 8:00 and Ko was VERY ready for bed and my husband was out of town...lame!

Rachelle said...

Hey girl - I took pictures of Taryns family last night and she said you moved to Draper - in the same complex Casey and I are moving out of this week - BUMMER! Now that you are closer, we should get together. and by the way, I love that you took Becca's diaper off - too funny!

Trav and Elise said...

I love the pictures of your girls! Girls are the best. I would love to see you guys! Great idea about the swim diaper by the way! Love you! Elise

Audrey Crisp said...

cute!! I love your flag cake!!! It looks and tastes so yummy! How cute are your girls!!!