Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shark Week



Ok this is sad that I am seriously writing a post about this, I am such a nerd! But here I go! So the other day Nathan was picking up a red box movie for us, and he asked what I wanted, I said I wanted Shark Week please!

I completely love Sharks, and absolutely HATE them! If there is a special on about them I am all over it. I don't know why I torture myself this way, because they completely freak me out!

I love how they always start these T.V specials out the same. They make it scary, build suspense! Then by the end of it they go on to tell us that sharks and humans must learn to share the water, that they are not out to harm us. We pose more threat to them. WHATEVER! Can't it be both ways? Yes maybe we are killing them off (ok yes we are). But they are dangerous to us too! Sharks and humans do not have to share the ocean, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You have to have a healthy respect (mine is completely extreme) for nature, it's incredibly powerful. If you don't you will wind up being the guy (Timothy Treadwell) who lived with bears, telling us they are our friend (and was then eaten by a bear, go figure). On this Shark Week dvd they finally had one person on there with some sense in their brain. He said "sharks have perfect vision, they don't bite us by mistake thinking we are sea lions (always the excuse they give). HA! I knew it! Those pics above give me the chills!

7 comments:

ls said...

love the reference to the crazy timothy treadwell.

those pictures are fuh-reaky.

Chelsie said...

So here is my memory of you. I remember when we used to throw barbies off the balcony, dress Alex up like a girl, tell me scary stories that I am still terrified of, and the best is for last...Go to Classic Skating. Now hows that for some memories! Yikes! See you guys tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Shark Week!!! I think we all love/hate the sharks. I am also scared of eels. I blame the Little Mermaid. And the eel that tried to get me in Hawaii that one time.

Brant & Lindsay said...

I have to say that your post made me laugh! I have watched shark week on Discovery every year, and I love it! I had actually just posted on my blogg about it! How funny! Enjoy your week!
Lindsay

Kristen said...

Wow. This is so weird. The boys have been into sharks for about the last month. Every time we go to the library, we get 3-4 new books about sharks. We just checked out a movie about sharks. I was just complaining to Dean last night about the whole "humans need to learn to get along with sharks. We kill so many of them..." I totally agree with you. I used to think that sharks were in the drains at swimming pools. No matter what you tell me, I still hate sharks and they will try to eat me. Period.

Anika said...

I LOVE Shark Week! I noticed it started yesterday and I am so exited! We can be nerds together!

Audrey Crisp said...

I feel the same way! They scare me too but are quite majestic creatures!!!