Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jut Say No To......


I know I have gone off on a little rant about this before, and here I am again. I also realize this a touchy subject for some (sorry, but I have to speak my mind on this topic). I just don't get it... truly I don't. We think we are so much smarter than nature. Why? Time and time again man has often times created much bigger problems for ourselves, and made things more complicated in the mean time. So why on earth would we listen to what man tells us is better for our bodies to eat? I mean come on seriously do I really need to eat 5 servings of veggies every day, and fruit! NO! I mean if we lived back in the day when there wasn't the convenience of grocery stores, we would not have such an abundance or variety of food to eat. So how would we have gotten our daily supply then?

Could someone please tell me why we are eating Fat-free, Non-Dairy sour cream, ice cream you name it (fat-free non-dairy cream....ponder on that)? I realize people have food allergies, but why do you think food allergies have shot through the roof? Because we have royally screwed our bodies up with pooh pooh food?! Doesn't it just make more sense to eat foods close to it's most natural form, the way God intended? Not having food that is so heavily processed in a lab with lots of other chemicals. Our bodies have become mans walking science project (and it shows). The more simple the food the better.

I am convinced that FAT is not the culprit for gaining weight. Our bodies have no idea what to do with these lab made foods so it stores it, and it makes us sick. Do this experiment sometime take...... Real honest to goodness whipped cream, and Cool whip place a spoonful of each in separate glasses of water in a day you will find that the cream melted into the water, the cool whip however will still be in a clump on the top. And that is what it will do inside your body...just sit there. Do I need to say more? I'm done ranting now, thanks if you actually read this :)

8 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

I totally agree.

Brian and April said...

I agree. Hey I should probably just email you this question but I just remembered while I was reading your blog so anyways... Will you e-mail me the recipe for the baby formula that you make??? thanks love

summer said...

I'm in agreement with you to - in fact when I am tempted at the store to buy something as you lovingly call "man-made" I think of you and Nathan....and of course my Grandpa - and then quickly put it back down. I actually think that is part of why I finally lost all my weight - I finally let my body regulate itself on whole, and fat contained natural foods - not in abundance, but as you said for what I needed. Love it - you need to go pro Lauren!

Anika said...

Love you! Totally agree!

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Chelsie said...

I loved that rant! I totally think its true! Love it. Lets play this weekend k?

Audrey Crisp said...

I AGREE!!!! you rule!!!

Lindy said...

Dude- all I have to say is I agree 100%. I think I've always thought that, but you put it into words very well. Right on!!