Thursday, May 21, 2009

A new YOU living room makeover!

It all started with me wanting to sell our couch, and then it turned into me just changing the whole living room altogether. I liked it ok before, but it just never felt like me. So I went a little crazy:) I wanted a couch from Ikea because there slip covers are MACHINE WASHABLE! Brilliant in my opinion especially when you have children. We already had a white chair from Ikea that I loved for that very reason, it always looks clean YEA! So the other deal going on at Ikea right this very minute is this.... If you spend a certain amount on living room furniture you get an Ikea gift card in return!!! So because I bought a new couch I got 100.00 from Ikea! YEA again! So anyway I bought a new rug coffee table, lamps and pillows, all thanks to my gift card. I sold my old lamps on KSL (I love that sight) for 70.00, and my old couch for 480.00. I put the money I got from those items towards my new living room. I then painted our armoir and put new hardware on it. So the total amount I spent on my new living room was.........!!! 86.00$$ Fabulous! I am still in the process of making new art work for the room, and making a sofa table for my lamps, but it is just about done! And now here is a before pic of the same room, and the lovely results (I think:) of the new room!
Before Picture of room and armoir
The painted armoir

9 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

So cute! You are awesome at decorating.
Your house is beautiful, too :)

We just sold our bedroom set and I want a cute new one... any ideas of places to look?

Rachelle said...

So cute...Nice job Lauren! I get believe how diff the room looks...all for $86 bucks...AWESOME!

Audrey Crisp said...

that is awesome! you rock!!! i absolutely love ikea too! We have an ikea couch that i have ended up washing twice already because I spilled some chocolate on it! hahah....that looks great and I love the armoire! (sp?) Good for you!

The Frame Family said...

Cute! I love the blue and white couch! Ikea?

Kristen said...

Lauren, you're house always looks so good. I am kinda nervous for you to come out here and give me some of your wonderful ideas for my house. I love how you throw green into everything. Kinda updates it, huh?

Chelsie said...

You always make everything so awesome! We need to update my house!!

Brian and April said...

Looks so good. Definitely more you.

Taryn said...

Yes, that room look very much like you. I love it. So now I need to come over and see it in person!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

So great! I can't think of anything more fun than decorating/makeovers. I wish I could get paid to do it all day long.