Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall in the air...

Can I just tell you how much I love this time of year!?? I LOVE IT! I love all seasons and get incredibly excited when change is in the air don't you? There is something so beautiful though when the leaves on the trees change! Ahh! It's kinda fun to think about what the seasons mean...I love the feeling of fall, the earth is quieting down and getting ready for winter when all things will go into hibernation (including myself:). I love the coolness in the air (because I get to wear jackets, and boots again:). I love seeing the change in produce at the store, pumpkins!! And lots of different squash! I love to be in my kitchen and bake! Soups, breads, cookies! Ever year it is a tradition in our household when the fall starts to settle in, I make Orange Pumpkin Soup! I love it! This week I have been saying my farewells to summer, and bringing fall into my home...:) I changed out the girls wardrobes (that always takes a lot of work for some reason). I painted some new paintings, and changed the brighter colors in my house to fall colors. Next weekend I am going to go get pumpkins, and fill my house with them:). love it! Below are some pics of my house with fall changes.

11 comments:

LoriAlbrecht said...

I love your house!! It's so darling!!

Chelsie said...

I love it!!! Fall is my favorite time of year!!! yay!!!

summer said...

You are beyond creative...wow, I would love to change my home colors too! Well, maybe I should first get a few colors that I would change.

I went to a fascinating talk last week by a doctor that you and Nathan would love. He was talking quite a bit about what you mentioned....our bodies are made to go into hibernation (like animals) during the winter - we need more sleep, more comforting and warm food, and to slow down as our bodies don't have the same energy as in the summer. Then we are able to help our bodies not get sick.... it was a great evening where I learned a lot....which it appears you already know all a lot of what was presented, but I just got excited because I'm finally figuring it out.

Enjoy the splendor of fall!!

Taryn said...

Love it! I want pumpkin soup, now. please.

Rachelle said...

I want some pumpkin soup too please! Love your new fall look! You are so good!

Kristen said...

You want to paint some pictures for me? Hey, the boys keep asking if you are coming out here, what do I say?

Ryan and Jess said...

I love you decorations! I couldn't agree with you more! I loooooooove fall!! We've made two different soups this week! :> SO exciting!

Stacie Aho said...

Your house looks great! So Martha Stewart like. I love the paintings, especially the bulbish ones. You're so talented!

Your orange pumpkin soup sounds so yummy!

Audrey Crisp said...

so cute! I love this time of the year too! Although it's a bit chilly here now in London! I love the new paintings! When I come back home I wanna make some paintings for my apartment! SO FUN! Have fun getting and carving pumpkins!!

The Frame Family said...

I think Fall is by far my most favorite season! Love all the cute decorations :)

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Ooh - your house looks so cozy! Fall decor is my favorite - classy yet comforting at the same time. I love everything about your house - SO cute! Your paintings are always so fun, and don't you love being able to just create the decor you want? In case you're needing a new cold-weather-yummy-soup recipe, here's one of my favorites that so quick and easy to throw together:

Corn Chowder

1 box Campbell's select Southwestern Corn

1 can creamed corn

1 pouch Great Value real bacon pieces (faster, easier, cheaper than doing the bacon yourself

1 large potato, boiled and cubed.

Just warm everything together in a big pot and add some salt and pepper. Delish.