Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kindergarten here we come!

Becca is sooooo excited for school to start. She will ask me at least 10x's a day when she gets to go! We took her to the dentist for the first time the other day (I know bad mom award goes to me) to get her teeth checked, and thankfully she has no cavities:)!! I also had to take her in to go get a physical exam. This was all done in the name of school...Can I ask why this is? Do any of you know why my daughter has to have her teeth checked, and have a physical exam to go to school? Lastly on my list is going to get her vaccination exemption form filled out and signed. Yes we do not vaccinate our children. I just have never felt good about it, well I can't just say me, Nathan is just as opposed if not more then I am. Now that the girls are a little older I feel more ok about it then I have in the past. I welcome any opinions you might have on this matter as I am open to the idea.

I have to tell you a little funny Rachel story....

Nathan was tucking her into bed for a nap, and this is the conversation that took place.

Nathan- " Good night Rachel I love you so much"
Rachel- " Dad you not love Livy bugs'?
Nathan- " I love Livy bugs too"
Rachel- " Oh? Dad you not love Becca'?
Nathan- " I love Becca, mommy, Livy and you"
Rachel- " Dad you not love yourself? Cuz I love myself"
Nathan- (laughing) "Yes I love myself too".

She kills me with her humor I love it! She is so funny and full of spunk!




6 comments:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Kindergarten?! Wow, time flies - I can't believe how old she's getting. P.S. I'm pretty sure I was 12-ish the first time I went to the dentist, and I turned out okay. :)

Audrey Crisp said...

I'm not sure why you have to get that stuff done before school. I don't remember doing those things before school. Haha! She's so cute and funny!

Britta said...

Ben is the same way- our girls don't have their vaccinations, I'm a little scared both ways to be honest- too get them and not to get them. I'd be interested to hear more opinions!

summer said...

I wish we could say that our kiddos had the same result at the dentist. Yikes - the kiddos did NOT do well this year. Good for you & good for Becca!

I have some books you and Nathan should read...but they are back in the city. I'll have to mail them to you, or they might have them in the library. We've tried to get books that state both sides, but there are a few books which we have that focus a bit more on why we don't vaccine. There is one book, which really hit to the core...not that it was personally like what we had, but just the thought that this is what it could be like if something went awry. It's called Sacred Spark {http://www.sacredsparkbook.com/HOME%20PAGE.html} - and is truly one amazing book!

We will need to talk more about this :) We talk often that there are good points to both sides - bottom line is that we just have never felt impressed to go towards vaccinating them. Oh - and I should tell you about the conversation I had with the Dr. that stitched up my arm when I cut it - I declined the tetanus, and he told me agreed, his kids aren't vaccinated either! He thinks the Pharmacy companies are just corrupting what could and probably what was once good for society...then again, I don't know if it was ever good overall, but that is another great debate. :)

Bottom line - your cute girl is on her way to Kindergarten. Oh the fun!!

Rachelle said...

Kindergarten? Seriously??? So fun!!! Did you find a good pediatric dentist that you would recommend?

Stacie Aho said...

Cute pictures! The dentist is no fun... and I think it your kids are brushing regularly, they'll be fine!

We debated with vaccines at the beginning, but we both felt strongly that they needed to have them. I think some kids probably shouldn't get them- their bodies can't handle them. Personally, I think it's a matter of prayer that needs to be considered with each child- as some kids might get a serious illness if they are NOT vaccinated, and some might get sick from the vaccine itself. Anyways- it's so tricky!