Thursday, March 3, 2011

7 years......



Nathan and I will be celebrating our 7th year of marriage next week. It got me thinking about how Nathan and I arrived at being "Nathan and I".........

In January of 2003 I met Nathan. My friend Liz was friends with one of Nathans good friends Josh. One night we invited Josh to come over to my parents house, and told him to bring some friends. At the time I was kind of dating a guy who was in the group that Josh brought with him. I met Nathan for the first time that evening.......he was so nice. I remember he sat down and just started chatting with my dad for a while, and at one point and time that night I remember thinking to myself "hmmmm I think I would rather be dating Nathan" :).  And that thought came as fast as it went and I went about my merry way.

On several different occasions that year Nathan and I tried to get together. We played tennis a few times here and there (yes I won every time;) but nothing really came of it. Then I started dating another guy. He was from California. So by the time summer showed its face, and school was out,  he had to head home for a few months. I was suppose to fly-out and see him that summer, however I never could bring myself to go....

After summer ended I joined a sorority up at the U of U with some of my good friends. In October my sorority was having a barn dance and I had no idea who to take. My good friend Liz was out of state for some occasion, and she called me several times telling me that I needed to take Nathan Lord to the dance. I wasn't really sure about it, so I said "maybe". Eventually I asked Nathan to go with me, and he said yes. Nathan and I both just thought of each other as "friends" before that dance.....Then something changed that night out on the dance floor. From then on we were pretty much inseparable :). A few weeks after we started dating we were engaged.  And the rest is history! Well you know what I mean.
I do have have another little story to share regarding Nathan and I that is kind of personal to me...

A few weeks before....No I need to back up further. A little more then a year before I started dating Nathan, I was completely in love with someone who had just left on a mission......I know I know that sounds so cliché, but truly I was crazy about him.  I had dated this guy for a while, then we backed off (kind of) and became really good friends. Before he left on his mission we both confessed that our feelings had not changed for each other. And we left it at that. Now let me jump ahead...

A few weeks before I was to go on "the" date with Nathan, I was in my room praying. I was also beside myself in tears...Okay I was bawling if you must know:). I was asking heavenly father to help me. I wanted to know who it was I needed to marry. I wanted to know who was right for me. I was still completely in love with this guy who was on a mission, but I knew as I was praying that he was not the one....and that really really baffled me. I felt really hurt, and saddened by that answer.


Later on that same night I came back to my knees and I then asked Heavenly father to please help me overcome the feelings I had, so that I could start moving forward with my life.....

Nathan was the answer to my prayer that night. I was suppose to be with him, and we both knew it shortly after that dance.

Anyway If you read this then your a champ, but really I wrote it all down so that I would remember it.

Nathan thank you for a wonderful 7 years. You truly are my best friend and I love you dearly. The Lord knew that I needed you in my life.

9 comments:

Nate Lord said...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

XXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:)

Courtney said...

Congrats on 7 Years, crazy how fast it goes huh! P.S. This made me laugh because Jed and I's story sounds very similiar down to maybe even the same missionary ;) I'm glad we became friends and I think your family is adorable!

Lauren said...

Thank you Courtney! I too am glad we became friends. I to this day feel bad about a lot of the choices I made back then, and people I hurt in the process...It was pretty awesome of you to forgive me so quickly. Life had a much better plan in store for us ;).

Audrey Crisp said...

I don't think I knew that story! You were engaged after a couple of weeks? How funny! You were meant to be together! Happy 7 years!!

Rachelle said...

So fun to read that...Congrats on 7 years!!!

Kristen said...

Oh you're so sweet! I'm glad you guys have each other! Because that means that we get you too!

lesliel1 said...

We are very glad you married Nate too! I remember well the romance - how quickly it came. Thanks for being a great wife amd mother...and daughter - in-law!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Sniff sniff - they should make a romance movie based on your story.

Brad and Liz said...

You are eternally indebted to me! Mujahaha! Just kidding. You guys were a great match from the START! I'm so glad you went to that dance. You and Nate and so fun and I love hanging out with you. You have three gorgeous girls, and I couldn't be happier for you! Here's to the next years!