Monday, November 8, 2010

Hot Cocoa

Today Nathan surprised us by coming home early on this snowy, wonderful day, and with him he brought not just any cocoa mix.... he brought the Dagoboa cocoa mix home mmmmmmm :). Have you ever tried this wonderful, delectable chocolate drink?? Well first off you need to love dark chocolate, and if you do, then you must try it! I am a big fan of not too sweet cocoa drinks, I like to put a big huge dollop of lightly sweetened whip cream on top...Oh heavens delicious! I know some people think I am crazy to like dark chocolate, but I personally think I am not crazy, a little weird perhaps :).  Anyway the girls were pretty darn excited! I have a few pictures from the day's events.  I also need to do a little update on those cute girls, and what is new in their little world. So here we go....

Rachel

- Has been potty trained for the last few months now, and I am thrilled! I was not planning on training her for a while, but she wanted to give it a go and she has done excellent. I was worried she would be difficult, I was not looking forward to dealing with her and her more than stubborn attitude;) I am told (frequently) I was just as stubborn if not more so when I was her age.

- Loves to sing, and can I just tell you...It is so CUTE! That little voice of her's just melts you to pieces!

- Likes to refer to herself in the third person, and she changes her identity frequently. One day she will be Inspector Gadget, the next day she is Ichabod Crane (Sleep Hollow). Today she was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Notice she is always the boy character? That's because big sister Becca won't have it any other way, she must always play the girl. Anyway, Rachel will not answer to her name if she is in character mode, funny girl!

- Likes to tease and bully her big sister. Becca frequently comes to me in tears, explaining that Rachel has punched her, or taken something from her etc.. We are working on that:)

- Loves her big sister, and is currently sharing a room with her. We moved them into the same room a few months ago to free up a room for the baby. So far they have been good, we have had some difficult nights, but that is to be expected I guess.


Becca

- Loves to make crafts, she will ask me, oh I don't know, like 20 times a day if we can make crafts, and she enjoys it thoroughly. She also loves to pretend play, and does so most of the day.

- Is filled with drama and emotion. This girl is ALL girl! She has a very tender little heart, and with that comes a lot of tears, and smiles. She is kind of all over the map with her feelings throughout the day. Sometimes Nathan and I wonder how we will survive the emotions of soon to be 4 girls in this household :).

- Loves, loves, loves primary! This girl lives to go to primary and church every week. Not kidding one bit! She will be in a panic Sunday morning making sure we are on time for church. She cannot miss a single minute of it, or she is devastated. She has a primary program this week, and is so excited, I can't even tell you.

-The other day Becca informed me that I needed to start giving her a bigger lunch. Apparently what I was giving her before was not up to her standards :) She does not like peanut butter and jam anymore (so she says:) It needs to be turkey with cheese, lettuce, mustard and mayo.

6 comments:

Ryan and Jess said...

Hey Nate, Ryan is really loving getting together with you, when you guys have had the chance. I have to admit, I am a bit jealous that I don't get to see Lauren!! You are not stupid. I just write the title in if I don't have time to update the post. That way I won't forget to do it later. :) We love you guys!

lesliel1 said...

Yesterday was picture perfect to be home with cocoa. I admit I did the very same thing at 9:00 p.m. Whenever we have wet, cold weather it feels like blessings from heaven for our desert. I seem to have more gratitude in these cold, dark months.

Britta said...

So fun!

Kristen said...

Can I just come and live with you guys? You are always doing such great things Lauren, and Nate. He surprises me all the time with how great he is...I mean I knew that he was great, just he's even better than I thought. (You can thank me later for helping get that way:)). Miss you guys!

Audrey Crisp said...

That is too funny. I love their funny cute little personalities! That hot cocoa sounds delish! I love dark chocolate! It's better for you anyway. I can't believe your baby will be here in like 2 weeks! So exciting!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Your kid updates are my favorite. Way to notice and appreciate the little things. :) I wish I had some of that hot chocolate right now. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan but hot cocoa is the exception. Yum!