Sunday, November 14, 2010

Olivia James Lord


She is here! Our little Olivia bug made it! She is absolutely the most precious, fragile, sweet, heavenly little bundle of joy.

Her smell is just amazing, I just want to breathe her in! She came a little early, however I had a feeling she would. I had just returned home from a doctors visit, and was getting girls down for naps when my water broke. My mom was at the house already because she was watching the girls while I was at my apt. I called Nathan with the good news, and told him to hurry home! Leslie my other wonderful mother came right away to watch the girls so we could head off to the hospital. So I am of course not contracting at all (a dejavu of Rachel's birth). So they put me on a low dose of petocin, which freaked me out because I was induced with Rachel. I did not do the epidural with Rachel's birth....there are no words to describe the pain I had with her delivery. So I was kinda freaking out inside because I still was unsure about the epidural. As soon as I started to feel the contractions I had a little reminder of just how stupid I would be to do this again without pain killer:)! So they brought the guy in to give me what I can only describe as the most WONDERFUL, wonderful, WONDERFUL gift modern medicine has given us! My body relaxed and felt warm and tingly inside, and I was pain free! My mom and sister were there along with Leslie, and Nathan of course. It was coming on 10 p.m. and I was still at a 3! So we sent everyone home assuring them it would be hours before Olivia's arrival. Being completely numb I was unsure how I was going to be able to tell when I needed to push. Around 10:50 I called the nurse in to say I was having a weird sensation and thought I should be checked. She checked and told me I was at a 4 :(. Then not 2 minutes later before the nurse was about to leave the room she checked me again because I told her I felt that sensation MUCH much stronger again......um ya I suddenly went from a 4 to a 10 in 2 minutes no joke. So they were all scrambling to get things ready and set up. Meanwhile I in utter bliss (feeling no pain) turned to Nathan in pure excitement saying "Our little girl is coming, she is coming! Can you believe it!" And it was the most enjoyable delivery I have had! I had no complications at all. I was smiling just waiting for her to show her little face. I knew she would come quick, it felt like she was going to just fall out of me....she came in about 2 1/2 pushes. We have felt so watched over and blessed with how well everything went with this delivery. It was absolute perfection, I can't even describe how great it was.... Our little bug weighed in at 6 lbs 7 oz, and is as healthy as can be. She is so content and calm. We love her little cry, we just melt when we hear it. So far she is doing what newborns do best...SLEEP!
So there you have it all the little details.  A few pictures now to follow....


 In case you are wondering why the name James for a middle??? It is Nathans middle name, and I think it is so cute for a girl! Becca and Ray have my name and middle name, so this one (yes being our last) gets to take on Nathans name ;)

9 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Oh my heck she's cute! I love love her name too!! I'm so happy that everything went smoothly this time! Congrats! Can't wait to see her!

ls said...

Lauren,

I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful delivery. Pregnancy and childbirth are truly such miracles-- ones we often take for granted when things go so smoothly, but I love how much you loved your experience. Yay for healthy, beautiful babies-- she is precious. Congratulations!

Britta said...

That is so wonderful- congrats!

Rachelle said...

So precious!!! And why do you look, um, so freakin amazing right after birth? I would NEVER post my picture of that! My face was so swollen!!!

Tara said...

She is beautiful! Congrats on your new sweet Olivia, I am so happy for you guys. :)

Kristen said...

So cute! I love the little nose. I love the name-both of them. Congrats guys! You can just hear your excitement through your post, it's so sweet. Hugs and cuddles from us!

Brian and April said...

She looks so adorable Lauren! Congrats to you and Nate. I'm so glad that things went so much better this time. I really want to come see her.

Love April

Stacie Aho said...

So so sweet! I'm so glad to hear it all went well, and you were able to enjoy the labor! Congrats :)

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Crying, crying, crying. :) I'm so glad it went so well - you deserve it! I'm crazy about the name. Can't wait to see more of her!