Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Whole Wheat Pancakes:)

These baby's are sooooo good, and good for you! Pumpkin has so many wonderful nutritional things going for it. I make these pancakes sometimes several times a week, smothered in maples syrup and butter...mmmmmmm:). Here is the recipe below incase you want to try these out.

P.S. Don't judge the pictures I took, I am not a photographer okay!

Pumpkin Spice Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 1/2 C. Whole wheat flour
1/2  C. Organic sugar (or regular is fine too)
2 TSP. Cinnamon
1/2 TSP. Nutmeg
1 TSP. sea salt (if using regular salt cut amount in half)
2 TSP. Baking powder
2 TSP. Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 1/4 C. Whole milk (apple juice is yummy too)
A heaping 1/2 C. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)

Mix all dry ingredients first together in bowl, then mix in wet, stir and cook!

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Oh buddy those look amazing! I love the new Holiday playlist and header too... Thanks for the recipe!

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

I will definitely be trying those. Lance and I love to put 1/2 a cup of sweet potato puree and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice into our regular pancake batter - so good!

Chelsie said...

So, I made your pancakes and they are amazing!!! Everybody loved them. Delish! Thanks a million for that one chef Lauren!!!

summer said...

Yummy! I hope these are going in Leslie's cookbook! And I hope you have a lot of your great recipes in there - I was actually just sending her off a bunch of recipes and taking a break to browse the blogs. Cute updates!

p.s. I'm jealous of your pancake griddle. We can't find a spot for one in our apt. I miss my old one so much! Enjoy making 6 pancakes at at time - such simple pleasures!